Okay, Halloween is on its way .it’s a pagan festival and an excuse to glam up in a gloriously gothic manner ..BUT do not mistake Halloween makeup for everyday coverage ..so along with the half dead zombies let us leave behind masks. No, not scary Donald Trump ones..the foundation masks that we seem to think we NEED!!!
Ladies, pull back on your foundations… I’m talking ‘daytime looks’ here.
Rockstars and pornstars need lots of coverage …so leave the ‘full on’ foundations for the stage and here is how to wear it naturally and more important FLAWLESSLY…
Take a leaf out of Taylor Swift’s book:
TOO MUCH – TOO LITTLE??
Firstly… the mantra ‘less is more’, is key…DO NOT use your foundation to conceal – that is why we have ‘concealers’… Foundation should EVEN OUT YOUR SKIN..that is it…nothing more…nothing less. This will avoid caking and worse again tide marks.. We’ve all been there!!…..
My All time favourite Concealer: MAC Select Cover €18
SHADE TESTING ??
Never EVER test your foundation on the inside of your wrist, OR on the back of your hand. Your JAWLINE is the spot – plain and simple.
HOW TO APPLY??
If you want to a little foundation to go a long way, use a brush. Fingers usually use too much product and can be messy , beauty blenders – you either like them or loathe them…but a brush..you cannot go wrong with…buff and blend the foundation to create a base… hence the word ‘foundation’.
New from NIMA Brushes: €30
SO, SIMPLE STEPS:
- With a brush, apply foundation and BLEND..
- Cover any blemishes, pigmentation, dark circles etc with concealer…this builds up your coverage without looking like you applied it with a troweL
- Lastly, apply your powder..forget the dewy look…that’s for fashion shoots and movie sets…in real life we need that powder to keep everything in place! I recommend a mineral foundation in powder form for a real fresh faced finish .
So, remember, it’s easy… if you can’t see your facial contours after applying your foundation…it’s too much – take it off!
Check out 5 of the best foundations…
- L.O.V. 18 HR FOUNDATION €12.75
- PS PRO FROM PENNEYS €7
- 7 LIFT AND LUMINATE €24
- NYX HD PHOTOGENIC STUDIO €17.50
- MAX FACTOR COLOUR ADAPT €14