The seasons of the year and how they are represented in the world of fashion..for me: Spring is all about forecasting what we’ll be wearing in the coming year..
Summer is all about soft feminine styling and gearing up for festival fashions..
Autumn is all about the Fall Fashions and the September Issues..
..and Winter?..for me – it’s the Winter Wardrobe..has to be …it’s when what’s in my wardrobe actually gets worn (I’m not a Summer style lover – my colouring just won’t allow that frivolity!)..every jumper that’s been crushed under the one above gets an outing and I start to rotate my scarves…ahhhh…bliss…
Soooooo, with that in mind, I thought I’d share my Winter Wardrobe Must Haves with you – you lucky, lucky ladies!!!!…
1) THE WINTER COAT:“DISTRESSED DENIM AND WINTER COATS “..Rebecca wears coat from Massimo Dutti €289
If I was to give one piece of advice here – I’d suggest a tailored coat. I’m not talking soldier structuring but more a coat that has subtle shaping – one that hangs well and adds panache.
For the ideal coat to just throw on and look a million dollars you’ll have to splash out €189 for this drape front coat from Carolyn Donnelly from THE EDIT at Dunnes Stores (available in a range of colours )
NEXT have an extensive range of coats AGAIN this Winter – but this oversized pocket coat caught my eye..€107. It comes in brown and black and available in regular, petite, and tall….
2) FAUX FUR: “BITCH STOLE MY STOLE”
Don’t get this wrong. We’re not talking cheap and nasty re; Coronation street
..we’re not even talking Sophia Loren in glorious fur
and we’re certainly not talking Raquel Welch in One Million Years BC!.
No, the Modern Millie way to wear faux or real fur is to casually throw a stole over your shoulder..
Right now I’m lovin this faux fur collar jacket from WAREHOUSE and also available from BT2 in Dublin as well as Warehouse stores nationwide..
This mustard stole from Boohoo is an incredible colour and while it looks amazing here….
3) BOOTS..If you want to look good head to toe – you need to be well heeled..Whether they’re equestrian, classic, casual or edgy, your boots need to be chic. Hot footing the catwalk were these horse hair boots from Bottes Femmes.
And Cara Delevingne shows who’s boss at Burberry
Bearing in mind not all women are built to standard stature – Cinderella Shoes cater for larger sizes..and if you like your tanned classics then these are a must for you…€145..sizes start at 9…
One of the nicest styles I’ve worn this season on the catwalk has to be the Guess long leather boot from DIVINE in Maynooth
4) HAT…Aside from the obvious practical nature of hats – it’s one of the easiest ways to give attitude to an outfit. …and don’t forget it’s your best friend when your hair is filthy dirty, when your hair is in dire need of a colour and …well just if you’re having a bad hair day!..
You needn’t pay a small fortune – Tiger have 3 different styles at €8 each .
While LITTLEWOODS IRELAND go tribal with this Aztec fedora..
5) A KNIT: This can be bulky and big or slinky and snug – whatever makes you feel cosy and comfortable. For me a knit is usually a jumper that I can stick a shirt under – for others it’s a figure hugging size 8…my favourite style is a fairisle and shape wise it has to be raglan sleeves..
So there you have it my five winter must-haves.