For our first post we thought we would answer questions in an homage to Vogue Magazine’s 73 questions 1. How long have you been in Dublin? Corina: For as long as I can remember.
Rebecca: I have lived between Dublin & Wicklow all of my life. 2. What’s your favorite season? Corina: Autumn Rebecca: Spring, the anticipation of what’s to come but it has to be Autumn for the fashion and that ‘new term’ feeling.
3. What’s your favourite activity in Dublin? Corina: Walking through the streets in the late evening. Rebecca: Walking through James Joyce territory, seeing a film in The Lighthouse Cinema, checking out what The RHA and the Taylor Gallery have on, the great cafes and the ‘accidental’ nights out. 4. Would you ever leave Dublin? Corina: Yes Rebecca: Yes, for a hotter climate and the right circumstances. 5. What are three words to describe living here? Corina: Rushed, friendly, close to family Rebecca: Damp, Creative, quirky
6. What’s your favourite movie? Corina: The Wizard Of Oz Rebecca: The Breakfast Club, Fargo, Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner, Garden State, The Ice Storm, The Royal Tenenbaums, Annie Hall, The September Issue, Constant Gardener & Life is beautiful. Oh and lots more. 7. Favorite movie in past five years? Corina: Frozen. Rebecca: Boyhood 8. Favourite TV show that’s currently on? Corina: Downton Abbey or Escape To The Country Rebecca: Girls, Modern Family or The Good Wife. Bring back Ally McBeal I say
Rebecca: My dog Mont and beautiful possessions once owned by my hilarious auntie Pen 36. A person you want to have coffee with? Corina: Jesus (but I bet he wouldn’t show) Rebecca: Lena Dunham, Claudia Winklemann or Graham Norton
41. What’s your favourite country to visit? Corina: Austria Rebecca: Africa or Spain
42. What’s the last country you visited? Corina: Austria Rebecca: South Africa 43. What country do you wish to visit? Corina: None, happy with Karl Pilkington Doing it for me. Rebecca: Brazil 44. What’s your favourite color? Corina: Cerise Pink Rebecca: White 45. What colour dress did you wear to your debs? Corina: Black Rebecca: A denim dress mum made ala Britters and JT 46. Diamonds or pearls? Corina: Diamonds (they suit pale skin better) Rebecca: Diamonds 47. Cheap shampoo or expensive? Corina: Expensive Rebecca: Ditto 48. Blow-dry or air-dry? Corina: Air Dry Rebecca: Blow Dry – my hair has a mind of its own 49. Heels or flats? Corina: Flats Rebecca: Both, but mainly barefoot.
50. Pilates or yoga? Corina: Pilates Rebecca: Yoga 51. Best way to decompress? Corina: Book and Coffee Rebecca: Boarding a plane and Sleep 52. If you had one superpower, what would it be? Corina: To Travel back in time Rebecca: To forget all of the bad stuff. 53. Can you describe an experience you felt most nervous? Corina: Leaving Cert Rebecca: Broadcasting on RTE1 for the first time at the tender age of 18 54. What’s the weirdest word in the English language? Corina: phlegm Rebecca: lobotomy 55. Walk or drive? Corina: Walk Rebecca: Walk 56. Night in or night Out? Corina: Night in Rebecca: Whatever sounds more appealing at the time. 57. Marlon Brando or Paul Newman? Corina: Paulie Rebecca: A
Brando/Newman sandwich 58. Who would you have to a sleepover? Corina: Never Liked sleepovers I like my own space Rebecca: someone who doesn’t wet the bed and maybe Fearne Cotton and Dave Eggars. 59. What laws would you introduce? Corina: Make bad manners illegal Rebecca: Mugabe, Zuma, IS, Animal Poachers, KKK, Boko Haram, homophobes, bullies and bitchy people all thrown on an island together.
60. What charity would you love to work for? Corina: Irish Cancer Society Rebecca: ICS, IMNDA, Age Action is wonderful. Simon and DSPCA. 61.Tanning or Not Corina: Tanning Rebecca: No question, a tan looks better 62. Favourite Item in your wardrobe Corina: black ghost dress Rebecca: Blue lace dress
63. Favourite beauty product Corina: Ponds Cold Cream Rebecca: Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow in La Dolce Vita 64. Favourite saying: ” Sure We’ll see” – it covers a multitude Rebecca: it’ll be grand 65. Best memory; Corina: my children being born Rebecca: Greece with my parents as a child and a moment on a mountain in Majorca 66. Midnight Snack Corina: batch toast, real butter and marmalade Rebecca: White bread toasted with blue cheese
67. Favourite High Street/Designer: Corina: Zara and Ralp Lauren Rebecca: Stella McCartney or Urban Outfitters, Maje or Zara 68. Hair or makeup Corina: Makeup Rebecca: Hair 69. Classy or cool Corina: Classy or cool – hmm – right down the middle..clool?..coolassy?? Rebecca: Cool on the outside Classy on the inside. 70. Favourite thing about men Corina: that I’m not one of them Rebecca: That they can travel light 71. Beach country or city: Corina: Country Rebecca City
72. who would play you in the film if your life Corina: Scarlet O’Hara Rebecca: Maggie Gyllenhaal is wonderful 73. what’s your best and worst trait Corina: Forgetful and Forgetful Rebecca: Worrying and loyalty Rebecca & Corina